Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ambisinister

Ambisinister - equally clumsy with both hands

That's actually a better description of me these days than sceaterian (shattered). I've kind of pulled myself together for the most part. Held together by twine and crazy glue and duck tape and wishes, but together.

Last night we danced around the house like lunatics and I missed it. I missed it so much. That freedom and simple enjoyment of just being together without the drama, without the aggression. Someday that child will realize what a gift I've given her by empowering her and allowing her to express her individual strength. To try not to judge her choices by my likes but rather by their impact on the world. My goal is to build a good person, not a clone of me. Today she abuses the gift but someday she'll appreciate it.

No comments: